Friday, December 18, 2009

Sketchy Sketchy


Went to Barnes and Nobles yesterday to get something for Hayden's book exchange at school. What did I walk out with? A Sketchbook! Last night I got super bored and decided to decorate it. If you have been a follower of mine for awhile you know I have a HUGE HUGE HUGE obsession with buttons. So I had to put tons on the front! I used bright, colorful ones. It makes me happy just looking at it, that was the effect I was going for :) I left a little bit of room in case I find any more colors to add. It only took about 10 minutes to add the buttons to the front, I may be adding mroe to the spine. I'm using it not only as a Sketchbook, but as an inspirational journal as well. No need to limit myself right? Here are some pictures even though I think it looks a lot better in person.




I also got LOTS of wrapping done today. There are still more downstairs, but my back was killing me from hunching over. I tried to give my hubby lessons in wrapping (started with a book) and it was definetly not an easy task. I had made up words for different techniques that I understood but he just wasn't getting it. Like "No honey, you have to PRESENT it" and he was like "HUH, this IS a present"!! I called a technique "present". It baffles how me how he can rewire a pylon (some military thing I have no clue about) but can't wrap a book..... Must be a woman thing. Here's a pic of our prezzies so far, thanks Mom for the huge box of gifts by the way <3

Tomorrow is going to be a busy day for us. Santa pics, decorating a gingerbread house, wrapping more prezzies, Darbyland for the kids, and then movie night!!
IN 2 DAYS I WILL BE PICKING THE WINNERS OF THE GIVEAWAY!!!! So, if you haven't entered, do so before it's too late!
So, what are your plans for this weekend?
xoxo
Lindsay

15 comments:

  1. Your sketchbook is cute. I posted the cover of my "sketchbook" on my blog. I'm going to do a big post with the inside soon, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowza!!! That's a load of presents!!! We have 3 tiny ones under our tree and those are just from Brennon going to the "shop" at school, lol.

    Loooove the sketchbook!!!! Very cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww..i love the buttons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the book! Your presents look great my husband can't wrap either how can you be so smart and not fold paper :?

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a cute idea with the buttons! I love the colors!

    And wow! That's a lot of presents! You weren't kidding when you said you had a lot to wrap! I have 4 small presents under my tree! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the sketchbook looks great and holy presents! you have been one busy elf!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, I loooove this whole post :]
    Nothing like Christmas presents and buttons. so cutee.

    This weekend I'm going to attempt to finish my Christmas shopping, get my hair cut and dyed [caramel brown], wrap some presents, and make chocolate chip muffins. And any extra time is devoted to getting caught up on orders.
    woooooooo busy weekend.
    I hope you guys have a great weekend!!
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love what you did to your sketchbook! Glad you finally got all your presents wrapped, hopefully it didn't take you forever! Our tree pretty much looks like that and then I remembered I still have like 4 presents to wrap and put under there, plus the presents from Rich's family, which we are still waiting on to get here! Maybe putting the tree in the corner was a bad idea, I'm seriously running out of SPACE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your sketchbook! What are you gonna be sketching?? I was drawing more... then my colored pencils were taken and destroyed by miss Addyson lol. and OMG you have a million gifts! I know how you feel though my lower back felt like it was on fire!! O the pain we go through for the Christmas morning smiles! Oh and we get our husbands for the next 10 days :) WOOHOO!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tree looks like ours when you girls were little and I know you have more to put under there. Glad you will have a fun Christmas morning, just remember the reason we have this celebration. Oh yea.. your scrapbook is so colorful and you will have some great ideas, thoughts and craftiness written on those pages, probably some awesome drawings too! Can't wait to see how your crocheting comes out!! Luv your momma~

    ReplyDelete
  11. such cute buttons! and holy christmas wrapping batman, no wonder your back is sore!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your sketchbook! That is such a cute idea!! I'm also kind of obsessed with buttons! I always buy buttons that are in weird shapes or colors! I think that some people are just blessed with the present wrapping talent and others are not. My sister is an amazing wrapper, and my wrapping looks very scary and resembles the wrapping job of a 2 year old! I just discovered your blog! It's extra cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. okay, that sketchbook with the buttons is adorable. look at all those presents. you go girl!

    xoxo
    sarah ann

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have the same sketch book but yours is prettier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow that is a lot of gifts under the tree!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, they make my day and mean the world to me! I read each and every one and try to respond to all of them. It's always nice to hear your opinions and thoughts :)