Sunday, January 3, 2010

Style School BONUS project!!


So today after about an hour of fiddling with my sewing machine for the very first time and with lots of help from my mom via Skype...I completed my very first sewing project for Style School!! Special thanks to my momma for all the awesome tips and even though you couldn't be here in person, I am grateful I could see you and for all your help :D
I used 3 different bright and colorful fabrics and made a cute pocket with a button touch!
This is the front

Here is the back

The little pocket you can put notes or little surprises in

Close-up of the cute button I used

I am very happy with how it turned out, and for my very first time to sew since high school, it's not too shabby! I'm hoping to eventually make a quilt, that's my ultimate goal for 2010! Hope everyone has had a great weekend! I got a lot done this weekend: wrote 6 Happy Mail letters, put together 3 fun packages for friends, painted treasure boxes, and put my craft room together!! WHEW! Accomplished a lot this weekend!
What did you do your first weekend in 2010?
xoxo,
Lindsay
P.S Only 10 more followers until my next Giveaway!!!

18 comments:

  1. That pillow is awesome! You did such a great job Lindsay! YAY! Oh, how I would love to be able to create something like that. Your happy mail partners are going to be so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute! You should totally sell those when you open your Etsy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had so much fun watching you make your pillow! you gave me too much kudos you did the majority of it.. I love your button! Glad I could be a part of your creative side today! And your "Happy Mail" receipents are going to enjoy their mail... Luv momma~

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is very pretty. I love your choice of fabrics. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! Love the pocket :)
    For my first weekend in 2010, I RELAXED! Literally the first weekend in probably 2 months. I almost forgot how >_< And then I went Style School supply shopping :D:D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That turned out sooo cute! I love the little button <3 I want one of these pillows!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks cute! I love the button detail! Oh yea and your package is ready to go out tomorrow, hopefully I'll make it to the post office!

    xo,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pillow!!! Let's be pen pals...pretty please?!? <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is super cute! I love the colours that you used. And the button detail on the pocket is a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is sooooo cute! I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to make my little pillow out of. I've had it on my to-do list for a while and really need to get it done. Maybe tomorrow :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the pillow! Its sooo colorful and super cute! I wish I had a sewing machine now to make fun pillows lol. BTW Bernina's is taking sign ups for their quilting class!! I am gonna call tomorrow so I will let you know! I really want to take one! I am glad you figured out your sewing machine, I can't wait to see your next project! For my weekend we cleaned and spent soe family time together, we had a movie night on Friday, then today we went and saw Princess and the Frog, which was so cute! Play date this week?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That turned out super-cute!! You were a busy lady this weekend! We held it down here for the most part, except for our trip downtown yesterday and Commissary trip today. Yeah, we're boring. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your pillow is so pretty! I love the colors! So cheerful and happy! Reminds me of springtime! Good job!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. very very cute! I love the little pocket!

    ReplyDelete
  15. oh my goodness, it looks fabulous! i'm jealous that you have already started and finished yours. i havent started mine, but i plan to. good job.

    xoxo
    sarah ann

    immm baccck.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is sooo cute!! I want one :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Eeee! It turned out so cute! I love that you used a different fabric for the back. I will have to remember that for my next project. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That pillow is so stinkin' cute!! Love the little pocket.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, they make my day and mean the world to me! I read each and every one and try to respond to all of them. It's always nice to hear your opinions and thoughts :)