Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Happy Mail and Yummy Recipes



I hope everyone is having a great week so far. I know a few of my friends are having pretty awful ones and my heart goes out to you.

This week I have a lot to share!! First, I got Happy Mail from Janel, my May partner :) Can you say spoiled? Look at those cute Mary Jane Panda shoes!!! SO cute!!! Lots of stickers, stamps, scrapbooking magazines, she even handmade me a bunch of cards and a super cute recipe book to put our favorite dishes in!! Thanks so much Janel! I love it all!! :D



I also got lots of pen pal cards and letters in! I can't tell you how much I enjoy getting to know these wonderful ladies! Funny story..I went to the post office this morning to mail of my mom's Mother's Day package. My mailman came from the back to say hello (we are on a first name basis, LOL). He asked me why my box had been so "slow" lately and if I wasn't "ordering stuff". I then proceeded to tell him all about Happy Mail and pen pals and he says back "OHHHH so that's what all those cute little doodles are on your envelopes, I enjoy looking at them". LOL well it looks like you ladies aren't only sending me Happy Mail, but your sending a little Happy to my postman too!! hehe :)



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok so here are 2 yummy recipes I thought I'd share, I didn't take as many pics with the chicken, didn't want it to be too photo heavy. I figured the dessert was more fun to take pics of anyway :P

So, if you want something REALLY different and yum this is a good meal and it's super fast (besides the baking part) and simple to make.

Chicken Crunch Casserole



1/2 can chicken broth
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
3 cups chopped coked chicken
1 small can of mushrooms
1/4 c. chopped onion
1 cup chopped celery
1 (5oz) can water chestnuts, sliced
1 (3oz) can chow mein noodles
slivered almonds

Mix all the ingredients except almonds. Bake at 325 degrees for 50 minutes. Put slivered almonds on top when you serve!!



Easy right??

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok as far as dessert goes and your feeling extra sweet, this is the one for you!!!

Treat Pizza



1 pkg brownie mix
1 pkg cream cheese (at room temperature)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup peanut butter

Various toppings you can use:

peanut butter cups
marshmallows
peanuts

We used:




Prepare brownie mix according to package. Bake on round baking stone (I used a pizza pan and lined it with parchment paper). Let cool completely.



Mix cream cheese, brown sugar, and peanut butter until smooth. Spread on brownies. Top with your favorite toppings. Drizzle with chocolate and caramel syrups.

You can put a few toppings



Or if your really feeling sweet.... go crazy!! :D



If anyone tries these recipes I would LOVE to hear if you liked it!!! Have a great Wednesday!

xoxo,
Lindsay

33 comments:

  1. Oh man my sweet tooth is aching just LOOKING at that plate of candy goodness! =) That casserole looks amazingly delish...I bet you're an awesome cook!!!
    As for happy mail...I think I'm addicted! I hope you get your doodles soon...I also forgot to pack up some candy I bought for you when I sent your happy mail...so you may have an extra surprise coming your way quite soon!!!
    Love yah! Happy Wednesday!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could do the happy mail too! but I dont think it I can when im in Denmark. I wish we had something similar, it's a great idea. Im pretty good at sending letters myself, I just dont get much in return!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janel did spoil you thats so funny about the mail man :D

    Yummy recipes!!!!

    Hugs sweet girl

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, now I am soooooo hungry!!! lol. And Janel did spoil you! What a great happy mail package! I love happy mail so much! So fun!!! Thanks for sharing!!!! I hope you are feeling a little better this week!!! -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh those brownies are a little piece of heaven! i want that right now lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, the treat pizza looks good. Would be so perfect for my bf who's always craving for dessert, especially ice cream and bananas. I hope to make it myself someday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh such cute stuff. i was inspired by all of your happy mail posts so i signed up for may too. yay. and that dessert pizza looks like an overload oh my gosh haha yummy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh- the story about your post carrier is just adorable! I wish my carrier didn't change every other day so that I could chat them up.
    I love making people smile!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those recipes look WONDERFUL, yum yum yum!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh mt gosh! I saw the chicken casserole and thought "YUM!" then I scrolled down to make my comment and saw the dessert recipes ... WOW! How delicious do they look?! Love the recipes. Fab :]

    -Noelle xO

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are seriously making this preggo Mom hungry!
    Stopping by from Santa's Gift Shoppe.
    -Mama E
    www.homeandheartsblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy Happy Mail! The panda shoes are the cutest! I need monkey ones!

    ReplyDelete
  13. holy crap that brownie looks amazing. mmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW another amazing package of HAPPY MAIL!! Janel out did herself. Now you have shoes for the house and shoes for shopping in--YAY!!!

    I will have to try out the recipes. I have made one of the recipes from your blog(its been a while ago when you posted it) my family loved it and we have it many times.
    I will have to post my death by chocolate recipe.
    love ya---gina

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow what a great Happy Mail that Janel sent you! She sent some pretty awesome stuff!

    I luv your postman.. it would be so cool if we all sent him a happy card!.. wonder how we could do that.. he would luv it!! Now that would be a great idea everyone sending him a cute little note!

    Ya know the first thing I thought of when I saw your brownie Pie dessert?? What awesome childhood memories you are making for Hayden & Kaylee.. Hayden will prob remember more than Kaylee will. I hope he finds a good cook for a wife or she will have a lot of competition!! lol

    luv ya...hey and can't wait to get my mom package!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun Happy Mail! Cute story about the mailman!! :D
    Also yummy recipe ideas!!! I can't wait to try!!!
    Have a great week!!
    Hugs
    Kjirsten

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is SO funny about your postman! I love that all the happy mail going around is also making random people happy too! Cute!

    -Carol

    ReplyDelete
  18. That....treat....pizza....I....need...some!!

    :O:O:O yummers!
    thanks for the recipe! XO

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Man, I am going to have to veganize that treat pizza and make it IMMEDIATELY. That looks so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fun happy mail stuff!!:) and I wish I could have treat pizza for breakfast right now!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow, that is some great happymail! :)

    Aww, thats so funny that your mailman likes the doodles on the envelopes. lol
    and those brownies look soooo good!! they are making me hungry.

    xoxo, katie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your Happy Mail! My mom always teases me when she is here and I go to my mailbox...she says that all she ever gets is junkmail and bills, I always say "You have got to love Happy Mail"! My mail man probably thinks that i have a shopping problem or something! Now I want some brownies, why did you do that? Love you!!!
    xoxo~Meg
    And if I don't talk to you before Sunday...Have a wonderful Mother's Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think I need some of that reese's peanut butter topping in my life!!! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  24. Friend!!! Can you please teach me how to cook??!! Like, seriously?! :(

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh man that treat pizza looks incredible! You always come up with great recipes. I would like to request more recipes please... like maybe you could post a recipe every Wednesday with the happy mail. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi! Stumbled across your blog from the Tell Your Story class.

    My that pizza looks postively sickening, yet I want to race off and make it straight away ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats you are this weeks lucky random Blog pick for Trendy Treehouse's Follow Me Fridays. I added you link to the blog hop already and your button is featured in the post. Thanks for joining in last week!

    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  28. Newest follower from Follow me Fridays!
    Hope you and your family have a great weekend. Happy Mother's Day!

    ~~ Kat ~~

    My Tots Exactly!
    My Tummy Calls
    My Game of Chance

    ReplyDelete
  29. dropping in from Follow me Friday! Congrats on being the blog of the week! I'm your newest follower and I will be back to try out some of those yummy recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Following you over from Trendy Treehouse’s Follow Me Friday!

    Stop by and enter my giveaway:
    http://extremepersonalmeasures.blogspot.com/2010/05/eco-friendly-peter-rabbit-organic.html

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love your blog! Just came over from Follow Me Friday and I am now following you. Have a great weekend! :)
    ~ Jen
    http://sweeptight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. Just stopping in and looking around from Follow Friday! And just became your newest follower! Yea! Hope you stop by and return the favor!

    My blog www.remodelaholic.com is all about interior design and remodeling there are some great tutorials so you can get the look you want on a budget! We also have a link party every Friday to show off your stuff!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, they make my day and mean the world to me! I read each and every one and try to respond to all of them. It's always nice to hear your opinions and thoughts :)