Thursday, March 25, 2010

I Dub Myself...Plushie Queen!



That's how I feel anyway, after making 6 plushies yesterday and 1 early early this morning. I am getting ready for Janel's craft swap! I am one of those lists type of girls, everything is extremely organized and I do things before it even needs to get done. I do this because I am not very good under pressure, if I were to wait, I'd be a mess!!! So I avoid all that craziness by doing it now :)

I decided to make something that I love, my first thought was Pandas of course, but figured I would have to put a lot of detail work into it. Since I would be making 30, I would need to do something a bit easier, so I changed my mind to my 2nd most favorite thing, Happy Mail. So, in honor of Happy Mail and lots of inspiration from Jamie, I made plushie envelopes :) They measure 4 inches tall and 5 inches wide :) I made my own pattern, wasn't too hard, it's only a rectangle lol :) (Only 23 more to go!!! :)



All of them have a different color backing, thread color and heart color :) I wanted to make them all unique :)



So pretty :)




I have made 2 other plushies this week that I am SO excited to share too! This one is Dr. Hamilton the Hamster. I made him for my good friend Carol, who has a love of hamsters :) I made him from my own sketch and pattern. It was the first plushie I ever made completely 100% on my own with no guidance. I think he turned out pretty cute!!! He is 7 in. tall and 7 1/2 in. wide (he is a bit of a fatty)



I am still trying to get this stitch down :)



If there is enough of a response/interest, I will share my pattern for Dr. Hamilton on a DIY post (my very first!!) :)

I also made this anchor for my friend Jamie, we were happy mail partners this month so I wanted to make her something special. I put a lot of love into it and really really enjoyed making it for her :) I love the way it turned out :) I didn't have a chance to measure it but I think it was around 9 inches tall, taller maybe? I used a picture I had as inspiration when I sketched it out, I needed a bit of guidance on this one to make it look just right! I didn't make the aqua crocheted tie, it actually came on a happy Mail package Kristie sent me, when I saw it, I knew I had to incorporate it into the anchor, it looked to perfect together!! :)




Hope you guys enjoyed my plushie post, I really do enjoy making them and sharing them with everyone. I put together a list from all of YOUR ideas a few posts back and can't wait to get started on them... ALL :) (as soon as I'm done with this craft swap, lol)

xoxo,
Lindsay

P.S. After reading all of your comments on my last post, I decided to keep the Happy Mail Wednesday post going. Everyone was right in saying it is MY blog and I should write what I want too. Maybe the anonymous commenter needs Happy Mail in THEIR life? LOL :)


47 comments:

  1. Great job, girl!!! Those happy mail plushies are tooo cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness I LOVE your plushies. Puts my own to shame--:( i am thinking of adding a camera atc with the plushie. The atc will have all my info--:D I need a polaroid stamp!

    I do have to say my second one is a lot better. I only have 28 to go.

    I love the hamster!! He is so so cute!!! I can't wait to see your other plushies from our list.

    Yahooooooooo Happy Mail posts are here to stay!!!!----:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. my word, lindsay, you are an incredible crafter + friend!! those are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm glad you are keeping your happy mail posts! I love seeing all of the goodies! Your plushies are adorable and you rock! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! Those are adorable! You are the plushie queen of the world...lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!!! I am so excited to be in Janel's swap!!! It is my first!! I am thrilled to have one of your plushies as well!!! Pandas rock!!!! My son has a stuffed one that he got when one of my friends went to China!!! He loves it!!
    <3
    Kjirsten
    http://sewgraciouslyblessed.blogspot.com

    Oh and I am glad that you aren't changing anything about YOUR blog!!!! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your little plushies...my queen! Ph, and I love you too!
    xoxo~Meg

    ReplyDelete
  8. The plushies are soo cute! I think the anchor might be my favorite. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I looove your happy mail plushies! I can't wait to get mine!!!!!! They really look awesome!
    I looooove my anchor! You did such a great job! I need to find the perfect place for it now! and I love that you added the crocheted piece to it! Such a great little touch. =) It makes me happy.
    Just like you do!!!
    Love you girl!!! I'm proud of you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my goodness! I love Mr. Hamilton!! You are the best! He is soooo cute!!

    And I am glad you are keeping the Happy Mail posts! If they don't like it they don't have to look at your blog. It is their own fault if they keep coming to your blog and not liking it. Nobody was forcing them to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LINDSAY! Those are amazing!!! I think I have an idea for what my craft swap items will be..I think I shall email you to see what you think! But girl! You're on a roll here...so amazing! Best idea...EVER! No joke. I'm inspired...again! =)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. that anchor! oh my stars I LOVEEEE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want one! They are so cute!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are wayyyyyyyyyy cute! I love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your plushies are sooo cute!
    I made abunch of sock monkeys for presents at christmas & have loved making pluchies since then!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow! look at all your hard work. they are beautiful! i love the anchor :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. those are really cute heart envelopes :) great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I signed up for the craft swap too. I can't wait to receive one of your fabulous plushies.....woot!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Eeekkk! So excited to be in Janel's swap b/c that means I am going to get one of these!! I so wish I worked more like you. I tend to be the one that puts everything off until the deadline. I am trying to get better though.
    I would like a tuturial on your cute hamster!! I love him!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  20. THOSE PLUSHIES ARE DELICIOUS! I am not part of Happy Mail yet due to my broken foot but is there any way to get one? Sign up for the Craft Swap I gather?

    Also I am glad you decided to keep your Happy Mail writings. It is YOUR BLOG, do not forget that.

    *hugs* from Broken Footlandville.

    ~Danielle~
    itisajoiseywayofthinking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Linds... the plushies are so darned cute! You are so creative, I love all that you do! Your mom & I are always looking at your blog while at work... sssshhhh! Of course, it doesn't matter for me now!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sorry, that anonymous post was from me... Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love those cute little envelopes! Haha and I love Dr. Hamilton, he is so cute! You should do lots of DIY for all your cute plushies! I am so glad you are still doing your happy mail posts, that anonymous commenter can just go hide under a rock and be gone!! Sorry we didn't do a play date this week! My sinuses have been kicking my butt this year, I just went back to the dr. for some medicine today. I can't wait for your DIY post! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So Adorable!! I love the little Hamilton..lol Cute name! He reminds me of a hamster I had when I was younger..:] Wonderful job! The envelopes are super cute and I love the colors!

    -Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  25. these are absolutely lovely, i love the pink & red letter one :)

    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  26. THOSE ARE SO AMAZING!!!! Oh my gosh! That hampster plushie is TO DIE FOR!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  27. im in love with them- they are all so adorable! your so talented!! :)
    and yay for keeping happy mail posts!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Super cute plushies! The anchor you made Jamie is perfect! Good job, Linds!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lol I just got your comment on my blog, you are right we are quite a duo, but we freakin ROCK!!!! Haha, I hope I feel better quick too! I never had such bad sinus problems until I moved up here, now it is constant! <3 Me

    ReplyDelete
  30. I adore your happy mail envelope plushies!! They are so adorable!! And I think Dr. Hamilton is the cutest ever (I love the names you come up with for your plushies!) I would love it if you shared your pattern on a diy post! He looks like so much fun to make!! I adore the plushie you made me, Sir Bubbleton! He's sitting on my desk being super cute! And he makes me smile every time I sit down at my computer!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love that anchor! It's wonderful!! :)

    You should keep the wed. mail going!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Lindsay...omg they are so cute....I can't wait to get one!!! I am so excited! Yes you definitely are the plushie Queen...they are fabulous!!!
    Debbie :) xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  33. These are so freakin' cute! You put my little headbands I am making to shame!!! I can't wait for this craft swap!!! I have 10 down, 20 to go!! -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the plushies! They are adorable! I saw this and thought you'd like it: http://store.cottonfactory.com/cf-163.html

    ReplyDelete
  35. They are adorable! I love the anchor one too. You are great at making plushies. You definately deserve the plushie queen title!

    ReplyDelete
  36. LOVE THEM!!!! You are so awesome :) I can't wait to get one!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  37. I am doing the craft swap too!!!! I am soooooooo excited. Now I can't wait to get my little plushie. I started making my craft last night. I am a little overwhelmed, but excited for how they are turning out

    ReplyDelete
  38. your plushies are so adorable...!! I just love the stiching on the Happy Mail plushie...so perfect.
    Your creativeness keeps me on my toes, for you keep coming up with more and more different ideas. I luv them all..!!

    I am glad your keeping Wednesday Happy Mail going everyone enjoys it.. I look forward to everyday waiting for your post!

    When things calm down some we need to get started on our Journals (yea our first assignment)!!!!

    mom~

    ReplyDelete
  39. OMG!! These are soooooo darling, darling, darling!!! You are so talented! I love seeing all of your awesome posts and cool projects!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. Ahh! I love all of them! They're wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  41. your plushies are adorable !!!

    ReplyDelete
  42. they turned out great I love them so much! You are very talented :D

    hugs


    Carrie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, they make my day and mean the world to me! I read each and every one and try to respond to all of them. It's always nice to hear your opinions and thoughts :)