Friday, July 30, 2010

Our Anniversary VIA Skype



Me and Joseph celebrated our 2 year wedding anniversary via Skype this year. It was actually a 2 day celebration because of the massive time difference between us. First day of the celebration he surprised me with the most thoughtful gift ever.

Here's a little back-story. I went to Janel's back in March and fell in love with a painting at her house. SO GORGEOUS. Janel was looking to sell it recently and I casually mentioned it to Joseph. I was going to buy it with any money I made from shop updates. Little did I know he messaged Janel and had this little plan worked out and bought the painting from under me :P Him, Janel and my Mom came up with this little scheme to get it to me without me knowing. Lots of trickery was involved!!!

When the postman delivered it to me I was like what is this??? Then I saw this note on the back of the box from Janel :)





Needless to say it was a great surprise!!! I had my own little trick up my sleeve as well!!! I presented (on a piece of paper) that we were going to take a little trip to North Carolina to see his friends and family later this year when he got back from deployment!!!

Now on to Day 2, it didn't quite go as planned, there was a small hitch in the present department. But, I was surprised with flowers and chocolates :)





Day 3 (yes.. I'm aware I said it was 2 days, it was extended..again), the present I had custom made arrived!! YAY!!! I had commissioned Elsie to make this gorgeous piece for us to hang in the bedroom. We love it sooo much. From the AC DC shirt to the NC State hat...to the panda hat and red hair with black undertones, it matched us perfectly!!! It's HUGE too!!! IN LOVE!!! I'll post pictures when they are all hung up in the bedroom :)





All in all, it was a great anniversary. I can't wait until next year when we will actually be able to spend it together.



I love you so much Joseph!! You are my heart, my soul, my everything. I can't wait to spend the rest of our lives together. You and Me together, we can do anything. I miss you terribly and can't wait until the day I'm in your arms again. I love you times a million!

xoxo,
Lindsay

P.S. Shop update on Sunday, Aug 1st!!!!! SO EXCITED!!! Lots of new badges, including the first 2 Limited Edition badges in the collection! I will also be including a painting series that I've been working on for weeks!!!


30 comments:

  1. you guys are so cute!
    i hope the boy and i will be as happy like you guys are!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! How sweet! Glad your anniversary was still wonderful! Love the paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOO sweet. yall have some awesome friends and family. :) glad you got to be spoiled for 3 days, youre hubby is right, you do deserve it!!
    -kel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww this is really sweet :)
    xo, Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. How PERFECT! So happy for you. What a week full of romantic loveliness. You so deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soooo sweet!! You two are so cute!!!! Happy Anniversary!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the painting its so cute! happy anniversary!!!

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  8. that was very sweet 2 the point of near disgusting (jk) ;). how romantic u both R. those paintings R precious. & i love ur skype pix crackin me up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww! Yay! for cute things and surprises.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was so sweet! You two are just too cute together! Love you!
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary! Love it! I got flowers today, too!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything is so fantastic!!
    Happy Anniversary! Happy awesome gifts ! :)
    xoxox~
    tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  13. For the 50th time this week(lol): Happy Anniversary! I couldnt have been more happy or suprised with the trip home. It made me so happy. And I am glad that you enjoyed your paintings. It made me feel good to suprise the most unsuprisable person in the world. I love you and cant wait to spend the rest of my life with you. I am proud of you and how well you have done with everything since Ive been gone. Not only are you taking care of the house and kids you opened your own shop with great success. I love you so much. I hope this is the last time we have to spend our anniversary apart. Love you bunches babe.

    Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  14. love love love everything!! Happy Anniversary. you two are so cute :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Anniversary! Love both the paintings (Especially Joseph's NC State hat! We're huge Wolfpack fans...okay, I am, and J is a Tarheel fan.)!

    - Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so glad you were surprised! You really have an awesome hubby to think of this from just a quick mention of it. And I was happy to be such a small intricate part of the surprise.

    the painting of you and Joseph is so perfect! Elsie did a fantastic job recreating you both! luv the look on both your faces..lol

    Luv Teddi's comment above.. lol

    Wish you both many many more happy years together...w/more surprises I am sure from both of you to each other...makes everything more exciting that way..

    luv ya...momma...happy happy 2nd year to you both!!!

    *****And Janel w/out you doing all this it wouldn't have worked. you were the most important part!!! thanks!!! Esp teachg a blonde PP

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww~ this is all so sweet! Happy Anniversary!

    P.S I received your letter! LOVE IT! handmade flowers are from here:
    http://alisaburke.blogspot.com/2010/02/recycled-roses-wreath-tutorial_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww you guys are adorable! I am now your newest follower from Follow Me Friday, and I'm lovin your blog! Dawn
    http://flipoutmama.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love this! i'm so happy your anniversary was amazing. i knew it would be! paintings=love :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. HI! I've started following your blog a couple of weeks ago. I did not know you were a military spouse as well. I get giddy to see crafty military spouses haha :D

    Happy 2nd anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations!! I respect couples who openly and lovingly express their adoration for each other. It's beautiful and yes, magical. Thanks for sharing with us!! I wish you 120 more years of marital bliss!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aww Happy Anniversary Lindsay! Such lovely presents and surprises! :)
    I love love :D
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Anniversary. Love the paintings.

    Can't wait to see the new badges!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Okay...I want a painting from Elsie for David and I's 5th Year Anniversary which is coming up on August 18th. HELP! The painting she did is AWESOME. Happy anniversary again.

    XOXO, Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  25. You two are seriously adorable. Love the paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awwww so precious!
    That painting is super cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Its like you read mу mind! You ѕeem tо
    κnow ѕο much abοut this, like you wrote the book іn it or
    ѕomething. I think that yоu coulԁ
    do with some piсs to drіve the message
    home а little bit, but οtheг than that, thіs is fantastiс blog.
    A grеаt rеаd. I'll definitely be back.

    Also visit my web site ... jeanmarcjeux.free.fr

    ReplyDelete
  28. Eхcellеnt ρost. ӏ was checκing сonstantly thiѕ blog
    аnd I am impгesseԁ! Extrеmеly
    useful info ѕpecifiсally the last ρart :
    ) I сaге fοr such іnfoгmation much.
    I was looking for thіs сertain infο fоr a very
    long timе. Thаnk уou anԁ best of
    luck.

    Here is mу website :: abrir cuenta facebook

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, they make my day and mean the world to me! I read each and every one and try to respond to all of them. It's always nice to hear your opinions and thoughts :)