As some of you may know, as of Friday, July 1st, my hubby has been deployed 1 month. That means it's been one month since I've been able to hold his hand, cuddle with him on the couch, and go to sleep with his arms around me. I feel as though the month has gone by rather quickly, possibly due to me staying mega busy. I hope the next 5 months go by just as fast. I find myself being quite the workaholic, which isn't always a bad thing. I am already working on my 3rd update for the shop which has been opened 2 weeks! I find my house is a lot cleaner, dishes are never in the sink, shop goods are getting made. One month down...5 more to go!
I have found I am a lot stronger than I have ever thought I could be. Getting things done that I would normally ask the hubby to do make me feel so incredibly accomplished. Even if it's just hanging something on the wall or changing a light bulb, I feel so proud of myself.
Today is not only 4th of July, but it is also Joseph's birthday! What better day to be brought into this world. Happy Birthday love, I miss you terribly and wish we could spend your birthday with you. We will just have to make it up next year and have a birthday twice as big :)
Love you so much!!!
I have also gotten some blog awards the past 2 days and wanted to thank the 3 sweeties who gave them to me.
First, I got this award from Gina, thank you sweets!! I love it!!
Second I got this award from Katie and Heidi, thank you soooo much girls!
With this award I'm supposed to share 7 things about myself, so here we go!
1. I LOVE quilts, I actually have one of my favorite people, Janel, making me one right now.. Here is the fabric she is using, it's called The Kissing Booth Line by Amy Butler. Perfect name huh? I've been begging her to make me a quilt for several months and she finally caved to my
2. I have had more motivation this past month then I have ever had in my whole life.
3. I've been painting lately, I like to try everything. I'll be sharing those paintings later this week and listing them in my shop :) Which by the way has free U.S and International shipping for a week! Click here :)
4. I collect business cards. Mainly from other crafty people and in the past 6ish months I've probably collected over 100. I'm still trying to think of something super crafty to make with them all.
5. Odd numbers drive me crazy... odd twitter followers, odd blog followers, facebook friends.. odd number in my checkbook... odd numbers bug me... Oddly enough, my lucky/favorite number is 3..... strange right?
6. I love mail, especially letters. I have 55 pen pals now which is absolutely amazing!!!!
7. I have finally found my niche in the craft world. I also have my dream job which makes me especially happy :)
Now I'm supposed to pass this on to other bloggers, but honestly I don't want to take the risk of leaving anyone out. So I'm totally copping out and giving it to ALL of my readers!! That's right YOU!! So if you will, please link it in the comments so I can see 7 things about you!
Hope everyone has a great 4th of July!! Please wish Joseph Happy Birthday :)
P.S. A special shout-out to my parents. Today is their 29th Wedding Anniversary. Your marriage is everything I want mine to be in 29 years. Me and Joseph both look up to you guys, yall are everything we strive to be. I love you Mom and Dad and so incredibly blessed to have you guys as my parents!