Friday, February 11, 2011

I Love you Deerly

Ok so here is my day summed up....

Woke up at 8am, got 6 bags/boxes together for the craft fair tomorrow and the sleepover at Val's (our monthly girls night for doing so great at the gym).

At 9am, Val came over and I convinced her to go to Starbucks with me... on the way to Starbucks we saw a frozen deer on the side of the road and thought it would be a great idea for a photoshoot (we have a distorted sense of humor).

At 9:30am we pull to Starbucks and I order a Venti Java Chip Frap with extra chips (thought my readers should know).

Then we went back to Val's, cleaned and set up our booths, Sandi came over and we all had girl talk. Our tummies started growling so we headed to Taco Bell. We slammed our faces into chalupas and cheesy fiesta potatoes while watching the best Jersey Shore episode I've seen all season!!!

We waited for Joseph to get home and rode out to the frozen Deer Popsicle. Here is what ensued.... yes, we took pics with roadkill...


Cheerfully skipping back to the car, we high fived ourselves on our little adventure. After about .05 seconds we realized, we were in fact... stuck.. in snow... Now we feel like giant A-holes.  Deer Karma anyone?

After about 5 minutes, 2 cars pulled over to rescue the damsels in distress. (keep in mind, 2 cops, 1 firetruck, and 2 ambulances passed us...) After about 25 minutes we finally got rammed in the rear by one of the vehicles and got out... yay..

ok, If you made it all the way through my story, congratulations!!!

OH, HUGE giveaway happening on Monday with 10 winners!!!!!! It's the best one yet!!! Don't forget to check back!!

xoxo

8 comments:

  1. Deer Lindsay & your friend Val,
    I hope you had a great time amusing yourselves with my carcass. I'm glad to hear you were stuck in the snow, and were rammed in the rear. I hope you think this is still funny when your kids don't get their gifts this Christmas... that's right, I work for Santa, and you fuckers are on the naughty list.
    Anyway, the county road maintenance workers are here for me, I'll blog about this later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so nice to see two lovely ladies so in touch with nature. Deer popsicles are really an amazing sight, so much educational value... and I'm super relieved that Deer Popsicle had an amazing life and now is legend. Bless you, DP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to go back tomorrow. I'm gonna flip it over and ride it like a horsey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the funniest thing I've seen in a long time! Thanks, girls, for making me laugh. I heart you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really thought... is she for reals??? seriously?? i'm still wondering (like as in is that really a real frozen deer?)... as i laugh hysterically ;) and then i think... oh wow it's cold up there...

    haha

    loves,
    christen
    http://christenkrumm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys have a wierd sense of humor...just sayin. I bet that deer had a family. You could have done the right thing and brought it back so we could make deer jerky, you know, in remembrance and all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi cute girl!
    I feel like I have not talked to you forever!! Your blog does not show up on my google reader or some reason but I always try to stop by and see what you are up to!
    I miss you and hope you are doing well!Email me if you have time soon!
    Love you~
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, they make my day and mean the world to me! I read each and every one and try to respond to all of them. It's always nice to hear your opinions and thoughts :)