Sunday, January 1, 2012

Oh hai!

Wow, so the last time I published a blog was in May.. of last year. So many things have been going on in my life. Let's see where to start... I decided in May I was going to take a break from blogging as well as my shop, just for the summer. That way I could spend more time with my family and friends. Well our little town in Minot was flooded and I mean FLOODED.  I'm sure a lot of you saw it on the news. A lot of people lost their homes and businesses were shut down for months. We had water issues as well. Anything we drank had to be boiled or drank from a bottle. It was tough, but we were one of the fortunate ones.

In July I got the itch to get a new car. I was tired of driving the "mommy mobile" (ford escape) and wanted to go back to my roots with a Hemi. I found a private buyer and got a GORGEOUS 2006 Charger SRT8. It was garage kept and had super low miles. We drove across the state to pick it up. I added some flowmasters and cold air intake (I sound like such a guy now). It's my baby who has to be kept in the garage all winter because snow + car = not moving. So that was a little birthday present to myself.

After the summer I was sure to start blogging again in September... that didn't happen. I was enjoying family time way too much to give that up. I ended up selling my DSLR camera and getting a coolpix. I didn't use the camera at all to it's capabilities and it was just too much to carry around with me everywhere.

Somewhere in October I managed to finally complete my Momiji collection with all the dolls I didn't have. I now have every doll and a Momiji sanctuary of sorts in my craft room. When I'm having a rough day I like to go down there and it makes me smile :)




I started modeling a lot more. I found a niche for it. It gives me so much confidence. I have another shoot coming up this month, I'm modeling for a jewelery business :) I'll post pics!







At the beginning of December Joseph got a phone call saying he had to deploy in less than 24 hours. Yea... 24 hours. We were pretty upset because it was such short notice, but he is supposed to be back in April. Christmas was pretty lonely, but we did get to Skype with him for a little bit.




I'm not sure why I picked today to blog, maybe out of pure boredom. I am also not sure which direction I'll be taking this blog in 2012. Maybe less crafty and more about my life and things happening, a more personal touch :) I'll always have the same name though!

If you stuck around through my long hiatus, thank you!!!

xoxo 

15 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're back. I missed your posts. I'm sorry about your husband missing Christmas. That's depressing, but I love your momiji collection, your adorable children and your new car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it's about time your back!! ;) Quite an adventure for you in 2011 - wonder what 2012 will have in store for you... hope all good things.. awesome about the jewelry shoot can't wait to see pics. I always was told I should have put you in modeling since you were little, glad you finally are doing this -you have awesome pics and fun doing it. I know where you get your "love of collecting things" from...your dad...lol him and his NASCAR die casts and collectables and you and your momiji dolls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear from you! It has been a while but I can totally understand taking a break from blogging. Congrats on the car, it's gorgeous! Also, those modeling pictures of you are beautiful! Glad to hear that things have been going good for you, other than your hubby having to be shipped out so quickly. Good luck in 2012¡

    <3kayla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear from you! It has been a while but I can totally understand taking a break from blogging. Congrats on the car, it's gorgeous! Also, those modeling pictures of you are beautiful! Glad to hear that things have been going good for you, other than your hubby having to be shipped out so quickly. Good luck in 2012¡

    <3kayla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see your back, I was wondering......where did you learn to be so neat and organized? Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lindsay, so nice to hear what is going on in your life. You sound just like your Dad when you start talking cars! I'll have to have Mom read this, she asks about you alot & hopes you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay! Welcome back! I've been missing you!!

    xo,
    Christen
    ChristenKrumm.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I kept checking back here every once in awhile to see where you had gone lol

    That is quite the Momji collection! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lindsay! I was just thinking how I missed reading your blog! I lost interest in blogging for awhile and then I had Blake and was too busy to blog. But now we are in a good routine so I decided to try again last night. I changed my name though. I wanted a fresh start for the new year. Its now http://kizzy-knits.blogspot.com cant wait to start reading more from you!! Missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. :d I enjoy your post lovely :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. lindsay, your car looks cool, & your modeling photos are beautiful! the trash can story is funny, & so much like real life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome back Lindsay!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment, they make my day and mean the world to me! I read each and every one and try to respond to all of them. It's always nice to hear your opinions and thoughts :)